Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nuts!

Deacon LOVES trail mix and calls it 'nuts'. Truthfully, I think he just loves the M&Ms and chocolate chips that are in trail mix. He loves to sit outside with his little baggie of trail mix and pick out all the sweet stuff. Most of the time he will eventually go back and finish off the nuts, but sometimes he doesn't. When I ask him what he wants for lunch, he always says, "nuts".

Another nutty story: We always try to use "First-then" sentences with Deacon. For example: First put on your shoes, then we can go outside. Or, first eat your dinner, then we will take a bath. On one particular day Nathan was telling Deacon he needs to eat lunch. Deacon pipes up and says, "Then nuts?" Except in his cute little voice it was more drug out like, "thennnnnnn nuts?" Precious Ü



I'm usually soooo good about putting the chairs up on the table so Deacon can't get them, but this day I didn't and he drug the chair over to the counter and grabbed a stick of butter I had set out to soften. Two seconds! Two seconds! That's all I was gone! When I came back, he was munching on it.
He was NOT happy that I took it a way.

Deacon loves to drag the blankets off the "guest bed" downstairs (I'm sure you've seen it in the background of pictures, it looks more like a mattress on the floor of a crackhouse). He drags them to us saying, "Ride? Ride?". So after the trial run down the stairs last week in the sleeping bag, Nathan used that to give him slippery rides around the house.


It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes Deacon will wait patiently by the door while I get stuff together before going grocery shopping. I LOVE that he just chills with his hands in his pocket. And yes, he wore the headband to the store WITH his hoodie on. I'm sure people thought I was training a little gangsta. He will not smile unless I tell him to say 'cheese'. If I just tell him I'm taking a picture, he will look at me with the most solemn face (see last picture).


2 comments:

Brenna said...

lol I was laughing so hard in this post Cody was getting annoyed while he was watching TV and turned it up louder & louder! SOooo funny.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh, I just love reading anything you have to write. You're so funny, and well it helps that Deacon is soooo cute! =)