Thursday, January 29, 2009

Word Up!

Well I've had this list on the fridge for a couple of months now. It's all the words Deacon could say around 19-20 months. My mom was always faithful about writing down the words each child said when they were 18 months old. She said that is when their vocabulary starts to pick up. I have my list in my baby book Ü. It may be written on the back of an envelope that also doubled as the week's grocery list----but she did it and I have it! With Deacon, I couldn't remember his words off the top of my head, so I put a paper on the fridge and wrote down new ones whenever he would say them. A lot of them aren't perfectly pronounced, but we understand what he means.

that
please
fan
light
lunch (he thinks that grapes are called 'lunch'. So when I ask him if he's ready for lunch he goes to the fridge and grabs the grapes when I open it).
fun
lap
hot
sit
ow
up
down
done
two (when he's in time out we count out loud, he mimics by counting, "two....two...two....")
mama
dada
Deacon (or a slight variation of it when we ask "Who's that?" in a picture or "What's your name?")
cold--done while flapping his hands up/down for a 'brrr' effect.
ouch
side (this is screamed when he wants to go OUTside)
door
help (said like "howp" when he wants on the counter to "help" us make dinner)
no-no (said while holding various knives)
noooooo (drawn out while shaking his head when asked "Ready to go to bed?")
eye
soap (often said in conjunction with eye because he always thinks he has soap in his eye).
duck
truck
nite-nite
blee-blee (this is his soft blankie)
sun
on
bum
toot (this is often said along with bum when he toots, it sounds like, "bum-bum, toot?")
fun
feet
knee
chin (said like 'in' when we point to his chin and ask what it is)
moo (when asked what a cow is, he also makes a clearing throat noise when asked what a pig is)
bloon (baloon)
phone
hand
boat
button (he is obsessed with the button on the fire alarm and points to it throughout the day saying "button", this was ever since Nathan cooked and the alarm went off Ü)
belly button
trash
watch (said while pointing to the TV)
hat
plairplane (air plane)
socks
shoes
lee (leaves)
fa (fork)
shirt
pants
uh-oh, oops (when dropping something)
bah (bath)
football! (shouted loudly when he sees ANY type of ball)
home (high pitched, sweet voice as we pull into the garage)
cheese
eggs
ice (loves to eat this at restaurants)
moon (said like mahn)

1 comment:

Mom Gavin said...

Thank you for remembering that. I'm glad you have the list.
WOW! Deacon has quite a vocabulary.