Friday, July 4, 2008

15 Month Check Up



We had a 15 month check up at the doctor on July 16th. Here are the stats:
26.3 pounds (75th percentile)
34 inches tall (95th percentile)
19.5 head circumference (90th percentile)


The doctor wanted to know how many words he knows and I guessed about three. Dr. Judd said five, maybe ten is a good range for his age. I don't know if Deacon heard that, or what, because he vocabulary started picking up that week (or maybe I just happened to take notice and write it downÜ).

We knew he could say:
Uh-oh
Ball
Dada

Now he says:
Ow--when he bumps his head.
Hot--when he gets in the car or we give him food.
Shoe (but it sounds like a bad word)--when he finds his shoes.
Bow--when he picks up a book.
Hi--is an explanation necessary here?
Ba-Ba--for bottle. Nathan doesn't like that I taught him Baba; he prefers Deacon to actually say "bottle." Ü

He follow directions:
When I tell him it's time to go night-night, he heads upstairs to his room. If I pick him up to carry him to bed, he automatically starts waving goodbye (night-night) to Nathan.
When I say it's time to put on our shoes to go outside, he'll bring me his little shoes.
When I tell him to shut the door, he runs over and closes it.
When I ask him to turn on the fan, he'll do it (It's a box fan that sits on the floor).

Other things:
-He loves to put his face up to the fan when it's on and talk into it (bwabwa-bwaaaaa). Sounds so cute.
-When I tell him to come give me kisses, he walks over, tucks his chin to his chest, and pushes his forehead against my lips Ü
-He still loves to read books.
-He starting to "blow kisses."

3 comments:

Richard and Joleen said...

Love the pics. Thanks for doing this. I miss the little guy. Anxious come come visit the Hunt Resort.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Way to go Deacon! Way to go and make your same-age cousins look S....L....O...W... =) haha j/k glad he's doing so well!

Carca said...

AWHHH He is so cute. Tell him to blow me a kiss!